petak, 17. kolovoza 2007.

47

So is Maria Sharapova the ugliest woman in sport?

Er, well no, not by a long shot, but I wanted to talk about the money making possibilities of sport, and what brought the subject to mind was the dress Sharapova wore at Wimbledon. Did you see it!!

Of course it's a fierce tradition at Wimbledon that the players wear white. It used to be all white, then concessions were made so that it became 'predominantly white'. In recent years, as tradition seems to have stronger appeal, most players have gone back to as white as possible at Wimbledon.

This means that for players like Sharapova and Serena Williams, who make huge amounts of money off court as well as on, it's an opportunity to make fashion statements with what they can do with a 'little white dress.'

I'm not sure Sharapova got it right! She said her dress was inspired by the swans of the Swan Lake ballet.

It had ruffles in the dress, and wing type flaps at the back. Unfortunately with the wind, the flaps blew outwards, looking more like a lizard than a swan.

Anyone in their 40s like me may remember the 1970s era of the British sci-fi classic, and one of the monsters The Doctor had to battle was the sea monster.

I couldn't help thinking of that when I watched Sharapova play!

Still I doubt she lies awake at night worrying about what I thought of her dress, and even if she does, she can console herself by looking at her bank balance in the morning.

She has made a multi-million pound fortune from her tennis, so good luck to her I say.

I don't make multi-millions from sport, but I do make a nice income, setting up income streams from ANY sport.

So to sum up, I'd have to say Maria is *not* the ugliest woman in sport, but ditch the swan dress for next year girl!

Gordon Bryan is the author of 'Make Money From Sport,' a guide where he takes you through the single technique he uses again and again to profit from any sport! Find out more at: http://www.gordonbryan.com/makemoneyfromsport

Gordon Bryan - EzineArticles Expert Author

Nema komentara: